Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Second Life

Once upon a time I had a dream
always bursting at the seams
but all I've got today
is a pain that takes me further astray

when I first my story told
it was summer, but somehow, I was cold
every word on the parchment that lay
brought back memories that took my breath away

like my father used to say
"you can't every time have your way"
but the more, in my failure, i got caught
the more my heart would grow distraught

until a time I could take no more
thinking life was no more real than a lore
I decided to give up, it all
and from my shoulders, I felt the burden fall

I, now, have a second life
without all the grief and strife
once upon a time I had a dream
and now it's time for it to gleam

-arch
2/11/2010

4 comments:

  1. like like!!
    beautiful hai.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude amazing..! this is what u feel so many times...and i get the feel the lines give me a feel of songs i have heard...but in all nice poem...can quite relate to it..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hav to admit that the second line is sorta picked up from fireflies by owl city, but all of the rest is entirely from my mind..

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yes, forgot to mention that...

    THANK YOU

    hope to put up more posts as soon as these friggin exams are over ;)

    ReplyDelete